Main Logo Image
Frequently Asked Questions

General Questions

• How do I obtain an accident report?


• How do I obtain a copy of my incident report?


• How do I bond out of jail?
You can have property owners sign a property bond, you can use one of the bonding companies, or you can make a cash bond. Bonding companies are listed on the wall of the Sheriff's Office lobby.

• How do I bond out of jail?
You can have property owners sign a property bond, you can use one of the bonding companies, or you can make a cash bond.

• How do I put money on my commissary account?
You can deposit money in the booking kiosk at time of intake. Money can also be deposited in the public kiosk in the lobby of the Sheriff’s Office. You can deposit money online at

• What are visiting hours?
Saturday and Sunday 8 am- 4 pm. Visits must be scheduled during those times and must be scheduled a week prior to the visit. Your name has to be on a visitor list that is filled out by the inmate.

• How do I make a phone call in/out of the jail?
Outgoing phone calls are allowed through the inmate phone system. We contract with City Telecoin Company for our inmate phone system. Calling cards can be purchased from the lobby kiosk or through the commissary. Prepaid accounts can be setup with CTC on their website at Collect Calls are also allowed from our system. Numbers can be blocked upon request.

• Question

Juvenile Detention

• How do I bond out of juvenile detention?
Bonds of $1,000 or more can be made through a bonding company or by property bond. Property bonds over $1,000 will require two property owners. Bonds under $1,000 (for Putnam juveniles only) can be satisfied by parents signing a signature bond. Charges of unruly, runaway or domestic assault will depend on F.C.I.T. as to whether or not a bond will be set. For individuals who are on probation, the clerk’s office will determine if a bond will be set. Individuals who live outside of Putnam County will have to go through a bonding company for all bond amounts.

• What can I bring to a juvenile?
All hygiene (unless prescribed by a doctor) and clothing items are provided by the Detention Center. Medications, glasses and contact solutions can be dropped off at the facility by either a parent or case worker.

• What are the visiting hours for juveniles?
Sundays 1:00 – 6:00 p.m. and Wednesdays 4:00 – 7:00 p.m.

• How do I make a phone call to a juvenile?
All incoming calls are answered by staff. No messages are passed to juveniles unless it is a verifiable emergency. Juveniles can make outgoing calls either collect or with a calling card which can be purchased from the kiosk at the adult jail.

• How do I get medical help for a juvenile?
DCS case workers schedule all medical appointments and handle transportation to and from appointments. Juveniles will be transported to Cookeville Regional Hospital via ambulance for medical emergencies. Medications are dispersed to juveniles by the contracted 24 medical staff.

• How do I get school work to/from a juvenile?
Educational materials and services are offered to all juveniles through the Putnam County School System.

• Question

©2014-2018 • Putnam County Sheriff's Office • Putnam County, Tennessee • Sheriff Eddie Farris
* This site powered by the citizens of Putnam County, Tennessee *